Volunteers Code of Conduct
As a Bonjour Perth Festival Volunteer, you are part of a group of wonderful people who are working hand in hand to create an unforgettable event.
As a volunteer, you have the right:
- To work in a healthy and safe environment;
- To have your confidential and personal information dealt with in accordance with
the principles of the Privacy Act 1988;
- To get appropriate levels of support;
- To be informed of any decision that might affect you;
- To be recognised for your contributions to the Festival;
- To ask the Festival to remove pictures of you if you do not wish them published.
As a volunteer, you will receive the following benefits:
- Work experience;
- Being an important part of a French-inspired, fun-filled and family-friendly event;
- The opportunity to be part of a community, to make friends;
- A free entry for both days at the Festival;
- A Volunteer t-shirt;
- A bottle of water (one per shift of 4 hours);
- A meal (after completing your shift of 4 hours minimum);
- New this year! Access to a designated rest area to relax between and after your
What is expected from volunteers?
- To provide required information for the organisation of you shift at the event (e.g: contact details, availabilities, etc.);
- To provide approval from your legal guardian if you are under 18;
- To participate in the Volunteer Information Session on October 24, at 6pm (UWA, Murdoch Theatre);
- To show up on time for scheduled shifts;
- To check-in at the Volunteers Headquarters 15 minutes before the start of every shift;
- To sign-out at the Volunteers Headquarters when your last shift is finished (insurance requirement);
- To notify your coordinator as soon as possible if you are unable to attend the festival or carry out your assigned duties at the festival;
- To wear your Volunteer t-shirt (or designated apparel) while you are on shift and take it off when you are finished with your shift;
- To not drink any alcohol prior to or during your shift;
- To bring your own food if you have special dietary requirements. The type of food provided to the volunteers by the festival will be communicated to you prior to the event through the Dashboard;
- To give us feedback on how to improve the volunteering experience for next year;
- To smile 🙂 have fun and contribute positively to the event.